View of the construction process of Bloomfield Bridge taken from the bridge itself, specifically the south main piers, looking north. The bridge was built in 1914 with the help of engineer T.J. Wilkerson and architect Stanley L. Roush. It was closed in 1978 and demolished in 1980. A replacement bridge was built in 1986. Straub Brewing, a part of Pittsburgh Brewing Company, is visible in the neighborhood in the background, along with several unidentified churches. Several billboard advertisements are also visible including Rosenbaum's, Kaufmann's Department Store, Barnes Safes, and Bull Durham Smoking Tobacco.