View of construction on the Beechwood Boulevard Bridge. It appears to be looking southeast, although the photo caption reads "looking west". This wooden bridge was later replaced by the Beechwood Boulevard Bridge, an open-spandrel, deck arch design built in 1922 by the City of Pittsburgh. Charles M. Repert was the chief engineer for the project and Stanley L. Roush was the architect. Roush added several stylistic elements to the bridge such as sculptured lampposts, urns and inscribed pylons. In 1980, the bridge underwent a massive overhaul to repair the substantial decay that had taken place. This renovation removed most of the decorations from the structure. The bridge, also known as the Greenfield Bridge, features a main span of 279 feet and connects Greenfield Avenue to Schenley Park. See images 715.237068.cp and 715.60109313_1.cp for additional information.