Men crowd on the sidewalk in this view of Wylie Avenue at Tunnel Street in the Hump District. The view is looking south and shows completed work following the Hump Cut. The "hump" cut took place in the downtown area known as Grant's Hill. The project began with planning in 1909 and ended with the final cut in 1913. It changed the gradient of Grant Street, Diamond Street, and Oliver, Fifth, Sixth, Webster and Wylie Avenues. The image also shows many businesses, including a barber shop, a bar, a clothing store, and a garage. An unidentified church can be seen in the background.