View of Wylie Avenue between Sixth Avenue and Tunnel Street in the Hump District. The outdoor restaurant menu on the right shows evidence of the immigrant population in Pittsburgh, including English beef stew, German pot roast, and Italian spaghetti. Also visible in the shot are men working on the road, a grocery store, a drug store, a café, and a bar. The "hump" cut took place in the area of Downtown known as Grant's Hill. The project began with planning in 1909 and ended with the final cut in 1913. It changed the gradient of Grant Street, Diamond Street, and Oliver, Fifth, Sixth, Webster and Wylie Avenues. Please see, Frederick Law Olmstead, Pittsburgh Main Thoroughfares and the Down Town District: http://digital.library.pitt.edu/cgi-bin/t/text/text-idx?c=pitttext&view=toc&idno=00aep1324m for more information.