View of road construction on Webster Avenue from Grant Boulevard to Sixth Avenue in the Hump District. The view includes an Italian restaurant called Battaglia Café, an Italian newspaper called La Trinacria, and several billboard advertisements. The "hump" cut took place in the area of Downtown known as Grant's Hill. The project began with planning in 1909 and ended with the final cut in 1913. It changed the gradient of Grant Street, Diamond Street, and Oliver, Fifth, Sixth, Webster and Wylie Avenues. Please see, Frederick Law Olmstead, Pittsburgh Main Thoroughfares and the Down Town District: http://digital.library.pitt.edu/cgi-bin/t/text/text-idx?c=pitttext&view=toc&idno=00aep1324m for more information.