View of Webster Avenue and Grant Street in the Hump District. The view is looking west and shows the area after the Hump Cut was completed. The "hump" cut took place in the downtown area known as Grant's Hill. The project began with planning in 1909 and ended with the final cut in 1913. It changed the gradient of Grant Street, Diamond Street, and Oliver, Fifth, Sixth, Webster and Wylie Avenues. The view also includes many advertisements, including Tetley's Tea, M. Berardini's Bank, and Wilbur's Cocoa.