Grant Street as seen from the William Penn Hotel with a view of the First English Evangelical Lutheran Church. Plans were drawn up in 1874 for a church building at Penn Avenue and Ninth Street, but were later abandoned when the lot on Grant Street was purchased. The exterior of the present building is dominated by tall gabled roofs and a spire that rises 170 feet.
Pittsburgh City Photographer Collection, 1901-2002, AIS.1971.05, Archives Service Center, University of Pittsburgh
Downtown (Pittsburgh, Pa.); Church buildings--Pennsylvania--Pittsburgh.; Automobiles--Pennsylvania--Pittsburgh.; Aerial photographs--Pennsylvania--Pittsburgh.; First English Evangelical Lutheran Church (Pittsburgh, Pa.)
Public Domain - Anybody may use this photo for any purpose