The east side of Grant Street road construction in the Hump District showing various businesses including Edeburn Cooper & Co.. Smith Bros. Inc. who publishers, and Rodgers Lunches. The "hump" cut took place in the area of Downtown known as Grant's Hill. he project began in planning in 1909 and ended with the final cut in 1913. It changed the gradient of Grant Street, Diamond Street, and Oliver, Fifth, Sixth, Webster and Wylie Avenues. Please see, Frederick Law Olmstead, Pittsburgh Main Thoroughfares and the Down Town District: http://digital.library.pitt.edu/cgi-bin/t/text/text-idx?c=pitttext&view=toc&idno=00aep1324m for more information.
Pittsburgh City Photographer Collection, 1901-2002, AIS.1971.05, Archives Service Center, University of Pittsburgh
Downtown (Pittsburgh, Pa.).; Buildings--Pennsylvania--Pittsburgh.; Blue collar workers--Pennsylvania--Pittsburgh.; Public works--Pennsylvania--Pittsburgh.;_x000D_
Grant Street (Pittsburgh, Pa.).; Roads--Pennsylvania--Pittsburgh--Design and construction.
Public Domain - Anybody may use this photo for any purpose
1919 World Series
Captain Einar Paul Lundborg
Start by dragging the marker to where the photo was taken from
Oops, there no search results. Try searching again or pressing Center Marker
Oops, there is no Street View image for this spot. That's OK though, the map is more important