View of piers 5 and 6 during construction of Bloomfield Bridge, including the start of cantilever arm. In the background is an advertisement for Old River Tobacco. The bridge was built in 1914 with the help of engineer T.J. Wilkerson and architect Stanley L. Roush. It was closed in 1978 and demolished in 1980. A replacement bridge was built in 1986.